Info & Services
Upon Receipt of your Deposit
A confirmation package will be sent for your preplanning fun – included are fishing regulations and tips, customs procedures, planning tips as well as navigational maps of the areas most frequently used. The maps will be marked with a large number of possible tie up spots for your convenience. These are yours to keep. They make a great souvenir as you mark your trip and special notes on them.
- On Mondays or Tuesdays we make a 60 to 80 mile “Lake Run”. With the VHF radios or cell phone on your boat, you can call in the evening before with a list of items you may need replenished or just plain forgot.
- Items may include: fresh bait, ice, groceries, liquor, etc…
- Supplies will be brought out to you at no extra charge.
- Garbage will be picked up.
If this is you first time on Lake of the Woods in this area, we will take 2-4 people out in our boat to get them acquainted with the map reading and “rules of the road”. This system works well because there are no distractions. We have a lot invested too, and would like to have you get off to a good start.
Safety and Health Issues
- All houseboats are equipped with Carbon Monoxide Detectors.
- Drinking water systems are filtered to 1 Micron absolute with additional treatment.
- All boats have large holding tanks for toilets and grey water tanks.
- Upper decks have child-proof railings and there are special life jackets for the kids.
- All engines, gasoline tanks and batteries are hidden out of sight and out of touch.
- There is no worry about taking small children aboard the houseboats. Many families enjoy a wonderful trip.
Easy to Find!
- Our base is located in downtown Sioux Narrows, Ontario, Canada.
- LOTW Floating Lodges base features easy loading of houseboats.
- Close, safe, on site parking.
- Concrete boat launching ramp.
- Plenty of room for manuevering the largest camper or trailer.
What Should I Bring?
- Personal clothing and gear.
- Fishing tackle and food.
- The rest is supplied.
- Must accompany reservations.
- Full rental fee must be paid before leaving the dock.
- This may be paid by certified cheque, travellers cheques, VISA or cash.
- Sorry, Mastercard cannot be accepted.
- For deposit refunds, 50% will be retained and the balance returned providing a 120 day written cancellation notice is received by us.
Reservations and Booking
- Are usually needed in advance, but give us a call anytime.
- To make a reservation, call or email us. We will hold the boat for two weeks, but must have the deposit within that time.
- The confirmation package will be sent to you after receiving the deposit.
- Personal Cheques are fine for deposits.
- Download the Charter Agreement (PDF) here.
What is Furnished
- All boats are modern, clean and very well equipped.
- The full bathrooms have hot and cold running water and are completely stocked.
- The kitchens have oven/stove, microwave, fridge with freezer as well as another freezer on all boats.
- Sheets, pillows and blankets are provided for each bed.
- The boats have thermostatically controlled heat, 12 volt lights, AM/FM CD players, generators and TV-VCRs and DVD players.
- All roofs are sun decks accessible by stairs complete with steering station and picnic tables.
If extras are needed, just ask. We will try our best to meet your needs.
Things to Note
- One 16′ boat is included with each houseboat. You must rent or bring your own motor, 10 h.p to 35 h.p.
- Or bring your own personal boat(s). The reason for the 16′ boat and motor is safety – if you have any problems, you can do something for yourself immediately.
- The small boats also make fishing and exploring more enjoyable.
Lake of the Woods
Lake of the Woods has 65,000 miles of beautiful wooded, rocky shoreline. It’s clear waters are dotted with many bays, inlets and 14,500 islands which offer you protection and tranquility. The area is sparsely populated. These elements combine to make this a perfect lake for you to enjoy getting away from crowds. The best way to do this is with a Floating Lodges Houseboat Holiday.
Your “Houseboat Holiday” offers the maximum fishing time. Sneak off at 5:00 am when the others are still sleeping and catch up on your sleep after lunch. Remember the water, and your fishing boat are only a few steps away at all times.
A houseboat trip is perfect for groups with a mixture of avid and less devoted fishermen. Being in good fishing areas allows the avid one to get their fishing in while others are entertained by the multitude of things to do on and off the houseboat. Fish caught on Lake of the Woods are Northern, Walleye, Small and Largemouth Bass, Crappies, Muskie and Lake Trout.
Walleye season opens the 3rd Saturday of May, Muskie opens the 3rd Saturday of June, and Bass is Catch and Release only for the month of June.
What we do best is run a Houseboat Business. What a guide does best is fish. If you need help in the fishing area, a guide is your best bet. They can be hired by the day or longer.
Other Things to do and Enjoy
In complete privacy, take your small boat and EXPLORE. Park on a sand beach and picnic, have a shore lunch, explore the woods, enjoy an evening campfire, dive, sail, waterski, windsurf, canoe, bird watch, observe wildlife, paint, photograph, search for driftwood and rocks or pick blueberries and wildflowers in July or August. The choice is yours! And especially enjoy not having neighbours.
19 Miller Road
Sioux Narrows, ON
169 Reddit Road
Kenora, ON P9N 0E1
rESERVE yOUR Boat Today